Signs Express Celebrates an Outstanding Year
Signs Express celebrated one of its best years to date at its recent annual Convention, which was held at the East Midlands Conference Centre.
The all day event began with a speech from Craig Brown, Managing Director of the franchised network, on the ‘Vision for Growth’, which was followed by presentations from other headquarters’ staff.
A special exhibition featuring the network’s key suppliers followed, with talks from headline sponsors and supply partners Metamark, CWE Solutions, Wirehouse Employer Services and Birch Sign Services extending through to the afternoon.
The highlight of the day was the Signs Express Awards Ceremony, hosted by TV personality Gyles Brandreth. The awards, which are voted for by the franchisee network, are designed to recognise the brightest and best of the work produced by Signs Express centres over the past year.
Sign Awards were presented to Signs Express centres in Glasgow (Best Project), Birmingham SW (Best Exterior), Basildon (Most Striking Sign or Design), Harlow (Best Fascia) and Northampton (Best Vehicle Graphic). An additional award also went to Metamark as this year’s best supplier.
The Signs Express Franchisee Awards were also presented at the event, with the Newcomer Award going to Ray Allenby and Jane Wiles from Signs Express (Portsmouth) and the Outstanding Achievement Award going to the team at Signs Express (Hull) whose dedication has kept the centre performing above all expectations despite personal hurdles. The Ambassador Award went to Steve McMurray of Signs Express (Falkirk) who has offered the expertise of his team to other centres in need.
For the second year running, the Franchisee of the Year Award went to Lee Eaton of Signs Express (Manchester). Lee has produced amazing results and earlier this year he was named as the British Franchise Association’s (BFA’s) B2B Franchisee of the Year as well as the Overall Franchisee of the Year – two national accolades that are well deserved.
This year’s convention also provided the perfect opportunity to bid farewell to two former directors of the business who recently retired. Peter Sayles, Operations Director had been with the company for almost 20 years and Tony Marsh, Sales Director, had been with the company since 2003.
Craig Brown commented, “As a group we have had an extraordinary year and exceeded expectations across the board. This evening has perfectly captured our pride in all of the centres and our vision for the future as a network.”
The award winners:
- Franchisee of the Year – Lee Eaton, Signs Express (Manchester South)
- Ambassador Award – Steve McMurray, Signs Express (Falkirk)
- Newcomer of the Year – Ray Allenby and Jane Wiles, Signs Express (Portsmouth)
- Outstanding Achievement Award – Rob Gibson, Signs Express (Hull)
- Employee of the Year Award – Paul Lidgard, Signs Express (N & NE Lincs)
- Supplier of the Year – Metamark
- Best Vehicle Graphics – Mark Meadowcroft, Signs Express (Northampton), for the MCFC Le Mans Car
- Best Project – Graham Casey, Signs Express (Glasgow), for the Science Centre
- Most Striking Sign or Design – Tony and Tina Surface, Signs Express (Basildon), for the Etihad
- Best Interior Sign – Steve and Carol Morris, Signs Express (Sheffield), for the Children’s Hospital / Brendan O’Donnell and Cathy Johnston, Signs Express (Belfast), for the Newry Campus
- Best Fascia Sign – Paul and Lynda Heywood, Signs Express (Harlow), for the Sia Beauty Salon
- Best Exterior Sign – Joe Smith, Signs Express (Birmingham SW), for Network Rail
For further information visit: www.signsexpress.co.uk