Wrap Like a King!
Avery Dennison Graphics Solutions has launched the 2015 ‘Wrap like a King’ Challenge, which runs until 30th September and invites vehicle wrapper from seven geographic areas in the United States, Canada and Europe to submit commercial or colour-change wrap projects, to be judged by a panel of industry experts.
The first 25 submissions received will be rewarded with a special entry prize.
Eric Ide, Global Director, Wrapping Films, Avery Dennison Graphics Solutions, explained: “After great success with our 2013 and 2014 ‘Wrap like a King’ Challenges in North America, we are now also including Europe to make it a challenge of global proportions and I can’t wait to see what creative designs our customers will submit!”
He added “We are encouraging wrap installers to show off their creativity and techniques using commercial and colour-change wraps and this year’s ‘Wrap Like a King’ Challenge winner will earn significant bragging rights plus the title ‘King of the Wrap World’.”
Submissions will be evaluated by a panel of industry experts and regional winners announced in October, with the overall winner being crowned the ‘King of the Wrap World’ at the 2015 SEMA Show, scheduled to take place on 3rd-6th November 2015 in Las Vegas.
This year, the judging panel will include:
- Ryan Friedlinghaus, the founder and CEO of West Coast Customs, who has more than 20 years of experience in the custom automotive industry and is known for his appearances on TV shows including ‘Pimp My Ride’ on MTV, and ‘Street Customs’, on TLC and Discovery Channel.
- Eric Ide, Global Director, Wrapping films, Avery Dennison Graphics Solutions, who joined the company in 2011. He is a keen follower of the car industry, with a specific interest in customisation going back more than 15 years.
- Markus-Marcel Knoch, is the owner of CFC Car Film Components and Managing Director of CFC Knoch GmbH, a medium-sized enterprise in Bavaria Germany with 30 employees.He has 17 years of experience in the vinyl sector, specialising in innovative car wrappings.
- Myles Kovacs, a founder of DUB Magazine and DUB Publishing, has grown the magazine’s readership to more than 4.8 million. He often speaks to automotive industry leaders and has been named on Entrepreneur magazine’s ‘Top 25 Millionaires’ list.
- Justin Pate is a well-known car wrapping instructor and installer and teaches all Avery Dennison wrap installation classes in North America. He’s been in the industry for more than 18 years and has wrapped more than 3,000 vehicles.
- Adrian Rope is Managing Director of Totally Dynamic, one of the UK’s best-known specialist vehicle wrap companies, which has installation centres throughout the country. As a certified Avery Dennison Specialist Trainer and highly skilled installer, Adrian teaches wrap installation classes for Avery Dennison in the United Kingdom.
- Molly Waters has almost 20 years of experience in the graphics industry and is a car enthusiast. She has seen the car wrap industry evolve from her position as a technical representative for Avery Dennison Graphics Solutions North America.
All regional winners will receive a trip to the 2015 SEMA Show and prize packs will also include a 2016 Avery Dennison wrap class; personalised ‘Wrap Like a King’ swag; a variety of promotional and marketing tools for the winner’s wrap shop and exposure on Avery Dennison’s Instagram, Facebook page and website.
Both wrappers and fans are encouraged to use #WrapLikeAKing on Instagram to enter to win the fan prize package, which includes an Avery Dennison Wrap Like a King swag bag complete with Avery Dennison T-shirts, retail and restaurant gift cards and signed merchandise from West Coast Customs.
Wrap installers are encouraged to enter a vehicle wrap project using Avery Dennison Supreme Wrapping Film™ or digital cast films via www.wraplikeaking.com, where official rules, judges and prize information are also posted.