FESPA Awards 2019 is open for entries
The 28th edition of the FESPA Awards is now open to sign and print companies looking to highlight their outstanding examples of print.
Launched in 1991, the FESPA Awards is the longest running awards in the speciality print industry, with last year’s edition receiving over 200 entries from 30 countries, which were shortlisted and awarded at the FESPA Gala Night in front of over 300 guests.
The FESPA Awards celebrates exceptional talent within the global speciality print industry across 14 categories. They include:
- Display and Packaging on Paper and Board
- Display and Packaging on Plastic – Point of Purchase
- Serigraphies and Fine Art
- Decals and Printed Labels
- Creative Special Effects – Paper Board and Plastics
- Special Effects on T-shirts, Garments and Other Textiles
- Printed Garments
- Roll-to-Roll Printed Textiles
- Glass, Ceramic, Metal and Wood Products
- Direct Printing on Three Dimensional Products
- Non-Printed Signage
- Functional Printing – Fascias, Dials, Name plates
The final category is the Young Star Award, which can be entered by those aged 16 to 25 working as a junior employee, trainee or student in any print related discipline. Entrants can enter this award by submitting work in any of the print related categories.
This year FESPA has introduced two sub-categories for the Young Star Award:
- Vocational trainee in digital or screenprinting – including apprentices or interns that have been on placement for more than 12 months, endorsed by their manager.
- Design student for digital or screenprinting endorsed by their educational establishment.
In addition to the 14 categories, entrants will automatically be entered for two further awards:
- The People’s Choice Award, which is selected by FESPA’s online community from all entries. Voting will be open from 4th February to 4th March 2019.
- The Best in Show Award, decided by the FESPA Awards Judges.
Within each print category, there are four sub-categories which applicants can enter: digital printing, screenprinting, mixed techniques and non-printed.
For further information on all of this year’s categories visit: www.fespaawards.com/categories
Early bird and FESPA member rates will be available for entries made before 2nd November 2018. After this date, entries will cost €50 per entry for members, €100 per entry for non-members and €15 for trainees and students.
All shortlisted entries will be displayed at the FESPA Global Print Expo 2019 taking place in Munich from 14th to 17th May. Winners of the 2019 awards will be announced at the 2019 Gala Dinner, which will take place on Wednesday 15th May in Munich. Tickets will be available soon.
For further information on the FESPA Awards 2018 and how to participate visit: www.fespaawards.com